Twitter. James Twitter.
With a license to tweet.
What does James Bond have going for him other than stylish good looks, keen intellect, and a license to kill? Super cool tools and gadgets!
Be a 007 on Twitter with this list of tools and gadgets to help you find connections, manage your friends and followers, schedule your tweets and save time.
Find Friends & Connections
Save time when looking for people to connect with by using one of these tools.
- Twitter’s Who to Follow: Looks through your existing connections and tweets, then makes suggestions for new connections based on your existing patterns. (Sign in to Twitter first, then go to the link.)
- Twellow: Twellow is the yellow pages for Twitter. You can easily search by category, keyword, or geographical area. You can also get suggestions of who to connect with.
- Listorious: Find and interview Twitter users with this directory/question site.
Manage Your Followers
As you grow your following on Twitter it can get time-consuming to manage your connections.
- Twitter Karma: Find out who you’re following that isn’t active on Twitter or isn’t following you anymore and unfollow them with this tool.
- Friend or Follow: Another tool to help you track who is following you and who isn’t.
- Formulist: Automated, smart lists of your followers based on different criteria.
Share Files, Pictures & Audio
Got a cool photo to share? Thoughts to record and broadcast through Twitter?
- TwitPic: Easily upload and share photos with this website.
- TweetCube: Lets you share files up to 10mb including audio, video and pictures.
- CinchCast: Record from your computer or phone and share your thoughts on Twitter.
Direct Message Your Connections
Sometimes it can be helpful to send a direct message to more than one of your connections at once.
- TweetGuru: You can send one direct message to up to 12 of your connections at the same time with TweetGuru.
You can pre-schedule tweets to appear as status updates at the time and date you choose with HootSuite or Social Oomph.
- HootSuite: This website allows you to pre-schedule tweets as well as cross-post them to your Facebook profile or fan pages, LinkedIn profile, and more. You can also use it to manage multiple Twitter accounts. This is what I use personally (and it’s an affiliate link).
- Social Oomph: Prescheduling tweets is only one of the features of Social Oomph. For power users this is a great tool.
Check Your Stats & Influence
Are you making connections on Twitter? Growing your influence? These tools help you check.
- Twitter Grader: This site ranks Twitter users on a scale of 1 to 100 and alerts you to any problem areas for your account.
- TweetStats: Find out how much you’re tweeting, who you’re tweeting with the most, who you’re re-tweeting the most, and more.
- Twitter Counter: Another Twitter stats analyzer – this one can email you a weekly report.
Backup Your Tweets
Don’t loose your content or followers! Use one of these tools to safely backup your Twitter.
- Backupify: Web based backup for Twitter (and other social networks and apps). Automated backups.
- TweetBackup: Backup your posts and friends lists. This one runs daily once you set it up.
- BackupMyTweets: Daily backup that allows you to download in HTML, XML or JSON.
Track & Spy Tools
- Spy: Find the latest mentions of a phrase or keyword across multiple sites including Twitter.
- TweetBeep: Get an email alert when a phrase or keyword is mentioned on Twitter.
- Twilert: Another keyword alert service.
If you’re new to Twitter or still learning, check out my YouTube video tutorials (free):
You might also like my How to ROCK IT on Twitter infographic:
And if you liked this post, check out Twitter Success Strategies–it’s got all the info to make these tools work for you (including step by step videos) and more:
What are your favorite Twitter tools?