Sit down in a comfy chair, grab your favorite book or knitting project, and RELAX!
This morning I had a chat with my business coach.¬† I had two computers die on me this week (thankfully, I brought the desktop back to life when I learned the fan was the problem–after 10 years of working almost exclusively on notebooks I didn’t know I needed to clean that regularly… oops!).¬† And then a migraine hit yesterday.¬† Jill asked me what it would take to get me to acknowledge it was time for a little break.
The topic of taking time out for yourself to de-stress was on my list to blog about this week with the cute, dressed up dog theme…¬† Yes, I see the irony!
So, my question to you is, do you need a time out, too?
Maybe you’re in a spot where you can take a full day off.¬† If so, give yourself that gift!¬† It’s okay to walk away and take a break once in a while.
If you can’t, then take an hour or two, or even 30 minutes, whatever you can spare and relax.¬† Do something just for YOU and just for fun.
Here are some ideas:
- Go buy a bunch of different kinds of chewing gum you’ve never tried then try them all (kids love to do this with you) – idea from http://adventuresinfreetime.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/65/
- Make a snow angel, snow man, or throw snowballs in your yard, if you’ve got snow
- Take the phone off the hook, grab a blanket, and get cozy with your favorite beverage for a few quiet minutes
- Dance to your favorite high-energy song
- Give yourself permission to watch your favorite movie — without folding laundry, doing dishes, checking email, or doing anything else while you watch
- Take a bubble bath (yeah, it’s a stereotype, but I don’t care, it’s relaxing!)
- Clear your mind and do 20 minutes of yoga without worrying about what else you should be doing
- Take Fido the Dog for a walk or give Fluffy the Cat a nice massage/cuddle
- Color or finger paint with your kids and remember what fun it was to be a kid
- Got a daughter?¬† Trade manicures!¬† Or treat yourself to one in town
- Sneak in an afternoon nap!
Or whatever works to make you feel pampered and recharged.¬† Treat yourself like a Princess (or Prince) even if it’s just for a little while.¬† You deserve it.
P.S.¬† This post inspired by Sara from http://craftsforkidlets.com and her suggestion to take a princess retreat!