Sit down in a comfy chair, grab your favorite book or knitting project, and RELAX!
This morning I had a chat with my business coach. I had two computers die on me this week (thankfully, I brought the desktop back to life when I learned the fan was the problem–after 10 years of working almost exclusively on notebooks I didn’t know I needed to clean that regularly… oops!). And then a migraine hit yesterday. Jill asked me what it would take to get me to acknowledge it was time for a little break.
The topic of taking time out for yourself to de-stress was on my list to blog about this week with the cute, dressed up dog theme… Yes, I see the irony!
So, my question to you is, do you need a time out, too?
Maybe you’re in a spot where you can take a full day off. If so, give yourself that gift! It’s okay to walk away and take a break once in a while.
If you can’t, then take an hour or two, or even 30 minutes, whatever you can spare and relax. Do something just for YOU and just for fun.
Here are some ideas:
- Go buy a bunch of different kinds of chewing gum you’ve never tried then try them all (kids love to do this with you) – idea from http://adventuresinfreetime.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/65/
- Make a snow angel, snow man, or throw snowballs in your yard, if you’ve got snow
- Take the phone off the hook, grab a blanket, and get cozy with your favorite beverage for a few quiet minutes
- Dance to your favorite high-energy song
- Give yourself permission to watch your favorite movie — without folding laundry, doing dishes, checking email, or doing anything else while you watch
- Take a bubble bath (yeah, it’s a stereotype, but I don’t care, it’s relaxing!)
- Clear your mind and do 20 minutes of yoga without worrying about what else you should be doing
- Take Fido the Dog for a walk or give Fluffy the Cat a nice massage/cuddle
- Color or finger paint with your kids and remember what fun it was to be a kid
- Got a daughter? Trade manicures! Or treat yourself to one in town
- Sneak in an afternoon nap!
Or whatever works to make you feel pampered and recharged. Treat yourself like a Princess (or Prince) even if it’s just for a little while. You deserve it.
P.S. This post inspired by Sara from http://craftsforkidlets.com and her suggestion to take a princess retreat!