When you get ready to meet a client (or potential client) do you take time to dress professionally, style your hair and apply makeup? Of course! Because first impressions matter! You understand that if you don’t “dress for success” and present a professional image it’s harder for your client to take you seriously.
Is your website “dressed for success”? It’s your 24/7 always there client greeter! Your website is your online image to the virtual world. What is that image conveying?
Is it working for you by generating leads, attracting ideal clients, and delivering your content and message in a way you can be proud of? Or do you pause when people ask for your URL, hoping they don’t judge you by your website? Does your website represent the image you want to present?
Or does it suffer from one of these common, credibility-killing (but very curable) ailments:
- Unprofessional design and style
- Hard to navigate
- Not generating leads
- Doesn’t represent the level you are at in your business
Think it might have one or more of these problems, but you’re not quite sure? Here are 12 quick questions to help you figure it out:
- Do you hesitate a moment, or even cringe inside, when someone asks for your website address?
- Do you get the same questions over and over again from potential clients or customers?
- Do you receive joint venture offers from other professionals in your field?
- Have your products or services changed from what’s described on your website?
- Do your ideal clients regularly contact you after viewing your website?
- Is it easy for customers to purchase your products or request your services on your website?
- Does your website have any of these credibility killers: spelling errors, broken links, or outdated information?
- Is it easy for visitors to find your contact information, sales and refund policies, and products or services in one-click from your home page?
- Is your website easy to find in the search engines?
- Does your website have “best viewed in Internet Explorer” on your website somewhere? Does your website display well in all of the popular browsers (and on mobile devices)?
- Does your website have a “free website created by…” or “free website hosted by…” banner on it? (If you won’t invest in your online image, why would clients invest in you?)
- Does your website have blinking text, a free hit counter, animated globe or mailbox, or background that looks like it’s from the psychedelic 70s?
Identifying the problem is always the first step in fixing it.