Is your blog feeling lucky?
Then you don’t want to miss the new freebie I’ve put up at Daily Blogging Ideas. It’s an ebook plus audio covering what you need to do (and how to do it) to create a “lucky” blog.
I don’t just give you the goals like “you want more comments” but I provide step by step strategies to help you get more comments and share the exact plugins and tools I’ve found helpful. This isn’t an upsell to a more expensive paid product or program to get the “how” part. It’s 50 minutes and 18 pages of solid content.
Get your copy by subscribing to the RSS feed here: http://dailybloggingideas.com/get-daily-blogging-ideas-delivered-to-your-inbox-free/
You can unsubscribe anytime you’d like — but you’ll find there’s a lot of fun, creative ideas being shared by bloggers on the site, so I’m hoping you’ll want to stay subscribed.
Oh, and I skipped out on the Monday Morning Quarterback post this week so here’s the quick and messy version of what I did last week for the new site:
- Took time over the weekend to schedule out content for the whole week… ahhh… that’s so much easier!
- Got the freebie online
- Installed some more plugins:
- Audio Player so I can easily add mp3 files to play in posts/pages
- nrelate to display related posts at the end of each post in a pretty format
- Wibiya toolbar for all the cool options it adds to the orange toolbar at the bottom of the site
- Feed Layout to add the text with the freebie to the bottom of my RSS feed
- Tinkered with the sidebar to make it easier to navigate the site and to feature what I want people to do
- Moved the entire site onto the Genesis Platform and used the Magazine theme, customized to the colors and style I wanted
- Added a new “welcome” type box to the home page with some quick info on how to use the site and what visitors can do while they’re there (noted in the screenshot below)
- Third week of August saw 1,578 visits and 7,141. So visits are up but page views went down just a bit. I did much less promotion this week than the first two weeks.
- August 21st was my highest traffic day so far with 390 visits.
- Alexa ranking is down to 450,971 (and 163,123 for the 1 month ranking).
- RSS subscribers hit 77 on Monday. I’m still shooting for 100 by the end of August. Are you subscribed yet? It’s free and you get a cool freebie. ;)
- Top traffic sources:
- Facebook and NetworkedBlogs (I’m using NetworkedBlogs to syndicate my content over to my fan page, and the UBC group I’m admin of there)
- StumbleUpon’s starting to send more traffic my way
- Growing in search engine traffic very slowly
- The RSS widget I’ve got in the sidebar here at michelleshaeffer.com is sending a steady stream of traffic over
- And a couple awesome bloggers mentioned the site on their blogs and send traffic my way (thank you!)
So, there you have it! That’s what I did with my new blog this past week. What’d you do with your blog? Anything fun? Share in the comments. :)