Ready to blog but not sure what to blog about? We’ve all been there. Here are 10 ideas to help you brainstorm your next great blog post.
1. Yourself. Share what’s happening in your business or your life. Or put a twist on it and have someone interview you.
2. Where you get your inspiration. What motivated you to start your blog? Have you shared that with your readers? It’ll help them feel connected to what you’re doing if you let them know the reasons why. You could also share a motivational quote or YouTube video with some thoughts on how it inspired you.
3. Your favorite blog posts. Has your blog been around a while? What are your top 5 favorite blog posts, or the 5 most popular posts on your blog? Review and summarize them in one post. If you don’t have enough material yet to do this, then review and summarize 5 of your favorite posts from other people’s blogs. This works especially well if you choose a central theme and feature posts on that theme.
4. Do a step-by-step post. What task can you help your readers with? Create a post explaining each step in the process of completing the task. If it works for the task, consider including photos with each step or even creating a video to show the process.
5. Make a resource list. What are you top 5 or top 10 favorite… (fill in the blank). People love resource lists!
6. How you solved a problem. What problem have you had recently that you could share the solution to? Did you find the perfect blog plugin, social networking tool, graphics program, knitting needles, baby carrier, chore chart…? Share it with your readers.
7. Current events. There’s always something in the news that you can write about and share your thoughts. Visit your favorite news site or try Stuff to Tweet to find something interesting.
8. Review a book or movie. What have you been reading lately? Anything your blog audience might enjoy hearing about or be interested in? How about a movie review?
9. Pick on a friend. Got a friend who blogs or sells something online? Feature them in a post on your blog. They may return the favor and send some extra traffic your way, too.
10. Share your favorite blogs. Make a list of your top 3-5 must-read blogs and share a link to each blog along with why you like reading them or what you learn from them.