If only there were a button you could push to power on your own army of traffic-boosting robot minions…
Wouldn’t that be a dream?
Well, I don’t have that “easy button” but I do have 3 free ways you can power on “robot minions” to do promotion for you!
1. Automated Syndication (Put Amazon to Work for You?)
Can you turn Amazon (yes, that Amazon) into your own robot minion?
Every blog has an RSS feed. RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication and it’s designed to help make it easy for you to share your blog posts as soon as they’re published. By using your RSS feed you can automatically send your new blog posts to various websites and services.
Your RSS feed is usually your domain + /feed, for example:
Once you’ve got that link, here are some ways to use it…
Add it to Your Amazon Author Profile
Get setup as an author on Amazon – you can publish a simple ebook to qualify! Then add your RSS feed to your Amazon author profile and it’ll show up on Amazon like this:
Get Listed on AllTop
AllTop sends consistent daily traffic to my blog. Submit your blog here and once it’s approved it’ll be listed on in their blog directory like this:
I suggest beginning with these two sites (they’ve been the most useful in sending traffic and building credibility for me) but there are many other sites you can submit your RSS feed to.
2. Schedule Content Sharing
Your content deserves to be shared. And shared again.
Create a spreadsheet. Go through your blog and choose your top 10 best blog posts. Write 5-10 different hook-lines for each of them. Now organize them so each day you’re sharing 2 or 3 of them.
(Bonus Tip: Add your opt-in pages into this as well, with varying hook-lines.)
Here’s an example of sharing one blog post every 2-3 days with a variety of hook-lines.
You’ll spend a few minutes each month setting up your sharing, and then have “minions” sharing your content for you consistently!
3. Participate in Promo Exchanges & Tribes
This is one of my favorite strategies because it works and it helps build your network with other bloggers in your niche. I recommend checking out the following sites:
- Triberr – Great community. You join “tribes” and then can share content from others while they share yours. Useful for connecting to people in your niche, too.
- Just Retweet – Super easy to use, works on a credit system. You earn credits when you follow users and share their content. Then you can spend your credits for others to share your content.
- Viral Content Bee – Get shared (and share) on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and StumbleUpon. Works with a credit system.
- Social Buzz Club – Paid service with an active community. Share content on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Bonus: Work with a Virtual Assistant
You might also consider working with a virtual assistant who can help you organize and implement your promotion plan. Your own “minion for hire” so to speak.
Now, go get your robots in motion!
P.S. Got ideas or suggestions for more minion strategies? Leave a comment and share!