Are secret fears holding you back from jumping head first into blogging? Don’t let them! Blogging is nothing to be afraid of and it can do amazing things for your online business. This is part 3 in an 8 part series to help you bust through your blogging fears!
I Don’t Have Time
Blogging does take time. There’s no way around that. But it doesn’t have to take hours a day. And since blogging allows you to create content that you can repurpose into other materials (articles, ezines, ebooks, print books, and much more) it’s definitely not wasted time.
So if you’re afraid of starting a blog because you’re worried about the time commitment, here are three things to keep in mind:
- You set your own blogging schedule. You don’t have to blog daily. I blog nearly daily and it works for me. But many bloggers post 2 or 3 times a week. The key is consistency with whatever schedule you choose.
- There are great tricks you can use to speed up your blogging. Use templates, blog in batches, etc. Try these 10 Ways to Blog Better, Faster.
- You don’t have to write every blog post yourself. I’ve shared Six Secret Strategies for 15 Minute Blog Posts—use them!
- You can repurpose your work. Blogging is a great way to get your first ebook or book written. Take your blog posts and use them in your ezine, as articles for article marketing, and in other formats. It’s work you can leverage.
- With a solid plan, you can get your blog promotion done in a few minutes a day. Much of it can even be automated.
When you weigh the time commitment against the benefits – more traffic, increased credibility, better customer service & community interaction, and more–the time investment is completely worth it.