Are secret fears holding you back from jumping head first into blogging? Don’t let them! Blogging is nothing to be afraid of and it can do amazing things for your online business. This is part 7 in an 8 part series to help you bust through your blogging fears!
If I Give Away My Secrets and No One Will Hire Me
You’ve got secrets—all that awesome knowledge that you share with your paid clients or customers.
If you share some of it on your blog, will they stop paying you for your knowledge?
If you’re concerned about that, you aren’t alone. But let’s dispel this myth.
First, I’m pretty sure that even if you blog daily for a year you won’t be able to share everything that’s rattling around in that brilliant brain of yours. You know a lot. You have a lot to share.
Second, many people aren’t going to read every single post you write. Even if they do, they will still want your help on how exactly it applies to their situation and their challenges.
Third, not everyone wants to figure these things out themselves. You can give away the A to Z, step by step, and there will still be people who want to hire you to do it for them.
So let’s flip that question right around. Instead of “Why would anyone hire me if I’m giving away my knowledge on my blog?” ask yourself, “Why would anyone pay for my services if they don’t know what I can offer them?”
Blogging allows you a way to showcase your expertise and build your value in the eyes of your potential clients.
What do you think?
P.S. Did you catch the other posts in this series?
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: It’s Too Expensive to Setup a Professional Blog
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: How Will I Find Time to Promote My Blog?
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: No One Will Read My Blog
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: I Don’t Have Time
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: I’m Not a Writer
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: I Don’t Have Anything to Write About