Are secret fears holding you back from jumping head first into blogging? Don’t let them! Blogging is nothing to be afraid of and it can do amazing things for your online business. This is part 8 in an 8 part series to help you bust through your blogging fears!
Others Are Already Blogging About It…
There are lots of successful blogs about online marketing, website building, and blogging—the same topics I blog about. You know what that proves? People are interested!
If you’ve got a topic in mind that you want to blog about, you want competition (or better yet, potential collaborators and awesome colleagues!).
I can buy shoes at a hundred different stores online but that doesn’t stop the smart ones from making sales. There’s the low price leader like Payless, fashion boutiques like Nordstroms, charity supporting stores like Toms, service-centric sites like Zappos. They each choose a specific audience, play on their uniqueness, and it works.
Remember that when we’re learning about any topic, we generally don’t choose only one source of info. I’ve got marketing books on my shelf by more authors than I want to count! All of their voices add something different to my knowledge.
Blogs are the same way–a chorus of easily accessible information we can learn from. If there are successful blogs on your topic already that’s a sign that people want learn about it which is a good thing!
You are unique. Your voice is unique. And there are people waiting to hear you share your knowledge and life’s journey in the voice only you can share it in.
And that, in a nutshell, is what busts through all of these excuses. Your blog is your stage. And your audience is waiting. So get out there!
What do you think?
P.S. Did you catch the other posts in this series?
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: It’s Too Expensive to Setup a Professional Blog
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: How Will I Find Time to Promote My Blog?
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: No One Will Read My Blog
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: I Don’t Have Time
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: I’m Not a Writer
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: I Don’t Have Anything to Write About
- Overcoming Secret Blogging Fears: If I Give Away My Secrets and No One Will Hire Me