Are you pinning your videos yet?
Here’s a quick step by step of how to “pin” a YouTube video onto a Pinterest board:
Click here if you can’t see the video: http://youtu.be/PSCO42psJ-8
But why would you want to pin a video?
When you pin a video to a board on Pinterest, it allows viewers to watch your video right on the Pinterest site. So it’s a great way to reach a bigger audience and get more video views.
Since the vast majority of pins are images, it also gives you a way to stand out with the type of content you’re curating on the site.
Some ideas for you:
- pin your own videos to appropriate boards (I pinned a video book review to this board: Books Worth Reading)
- create a board just for videos (like this one I made: WordPress Tutorial Videos & Resources)
- share videos you love that other people have created (great video I shared on my Blogging Resources Board)
And a couple of video pinning tips:
- After you pin your video, edit the URL to lead to your blog post or where you’ve featured that video on your website.
- Use smart titles and descriptions to get your keywords in the pin so it can be found in searches.
- Invite people to pin (or repin your videos) by mentioning it right at the end of your video.
Have you pinned any videos yet? Share in the comments!