Now that the new timeline is out on Facebook fan pages, there’s a cool spot you can customize! It’s called the “cover photo” and it’s the gigantic image that shows up prominently at the top of your new timeline layout.
Here’s what I’ve done with mine:
If you’ve already got your cover photo up, I’d love to see what you’ve chosen to do with it. Link to your fan page in the comments below.
If you haven’t uploaded a cover image yet, here’s some helpful info for you.
How to Create Your Own Cover Image:
- Go to www.Pixlr.com and click “Open Photo Editor”
- Choose “Create New Image” and set your image to 851px wide by 315px tall
- Now add whatever you’d like to your image
- Save your image as a jpg
- Upload to your Facebook fan page and set as your cover photo
The Rules to Remember:
- Your image must be primarily an image (not all text)
- You can’t put a call to action on it (such as “click to like!” or “visit me at…”)
- It can’t include your contact information
- No promotions (like “buy this at…” or “save $50!”)
* Check out Facebook’s official rules for the specifics, this is my summary as I understand them.
What Cover Photos Do You Like?
Which Facebook fan pages are having the most fun with their cover photos? Link to ’em in the comments!