Read a very cool post the other day on Bob the Teacher’s blog at http://askbobtheteacher.com/blog/ where he talked about acknowledging what we’ve accomplished. I thought that was a really great perspective. Go read it! (And if you’re not already getting his blog updates, it’s worth signing up for.)
Here’s some of what I’m happy about from 2009:
- I survived another year of working at home and homeschooling.
- Achieved my goal # of domains hosted at Creo Communico LLC for the year, hired support help, and two VAs.
- This site (Michelle Shaeffer) is gaining steady traffic, I launched several new products, sent out a regular newsletter, and have been blogging regularly.
- I launched Creating Virtual Freedom and it’s doing well, gaining clients.
- I attended my first ever live event in California last month and got brave enough to talk to people (really, this is more of a big step than most people would believe, I’m the most introverted, scared of her phone, person I know).
- 2009 was my 10th year in business! Yay!
Whew. I have a lot of things I wanted to do but didn’t get done. I’m learning to delegate/outsource but need to continue learning how to do that effectively. I dropped a few balls, had to pick them back up and work through it. But I survived, the kids thrived, and I’m looking forward to 2010. One step at a time.
Celebrate with me – what are you happy about accomplishing in 2009? Feel free to leave a comment below.