I posted a few weeks ago about how to setup your own blog to allow readers to follow you with RSS but didn’t share how to setup your own RSS reader for you to follow blogs you like. (Scroll to the bottom of this post for a video explaining RSS.)
Why would you want an RSS reader? All your favorite blogs in one place, easier to stay caught up with. It’s a great time-saver and makes it much easier to stay engaged with those you’ve chosen to follow and learn from.
If you’re a GMail user, check out Google’s Reader. This is what I use. It allows you to easily add your favorite blog feeds and then displays them all on one page for you and shows what’s new so you can scan through and read anything that grabs your attention.
Once you’ve chosen one, here are some small business blogs you may want to follow. These are all RSS feed links. You’ll want to add them to your reader, if you view in your browser they’ll look funny.
- Michelle Shaeffer – http://feeds.feedburner.com/MichelleShaeffer
(well, you didn’t expect me to forget mine, did you? *smile*)
- Communicate Value – http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Communicatevalue
- Decisive Minds – http://feeds.feedburner.com/DecisiveMinds
- The Solomompreneur – http://www.melaniekissell.com/feed/
- The Metro Mom – http://feeds.feedburner.com/MetromomBlog
- Solo-E’s Blog – http://www.solo-e.com/blog/feed
(this one collects blog posts from a variety of awesome entrepreneurs)
- ProBlogger – http://feeds.feedburner.com/ProbloggerHelpingBloggersEarnMoney
- Seth Godin’s Blog – http://feeds.feedburner.com/typepad/sethsmainblog
- Nicole on the Net – http://feeds.feedburner.com/NicoleOnTheNet
There’s 9 of the blogs I follow. I’ll have to do a part 2 (and maybe part 3) with more blogs later… time to go enjoy the holiday weekend!
Here’s that video again explaining RSS if you missed it before: