Are secret fears holding you back from jumping head first into blogging? Don’t let them! Blogging is nothing to be afraid of and it can do amazing things for your online business. This is part 2 in an 8 part series to help you bust through your blogging fears!
I’m Not a Writer!
What if you aren’t a writer? I don’t consider myself a writer. If you’ve got a decent command of the English language, and know how to use spell check, you’ll be just fine! Blogs are casual conversations and don’t require the same level of perfection as a thesis.
It’s okay to…
- Write like you speak—be real and your readers will connect with you better
- Keep your posts short—more people will read shorter posts
- Ease into blogging—an imperfect start is okay, know that it gets easier as you go
But what if you really hate writing?
- Do a video blog or an audio blog.
- Create a blog that’s just you doing a weekly interview with experts or sharing a book review on video.
- Use a voice-to-text program to speak your blog posts and let your computer do the typing for you.
- Hire a ghostwriter or use quality PLR (private label rights) articles to help you.
- Curate great content from other sources—guest bloggers, article directories, etc.
There are options that don’t require you to write at all.
Or, be okay with the fact that you aren’t a “writer” and blog anyway. Like any skill, the more you do it, the better you’ll get.