Are you using holidays to help you market and promote your business? Make your marketing a party!
There are hundreds of unique holidays out there that smart business owners can tie into their promotions to get noticed.
Here are some tips for smart, effective holiday promotions:
* Choose holidays which are appropriate for your industry and customers, but be creative! For example, during stress awareness month you could create a special offer with your best stress-busting products or issue a press release about how your business can reduce stress for a particular group of people.
* If it’s religious holiday, be accurate (research or ask for help if you aren’t familiar with the holiday) and respectful both to those who celebrate and those who don’t.
* If it’s a controversial holiday, know your audience and be prepared for reactions.
* Consider targeting unusual holidays/events where there will be less competition for interest or press coverage.
* Plan in advance and remember that print publications need adequate lead time for stories.
* Track your results to see if the promotion was worth it, then you know whether to repeat the promotion again.
* Consider finding a way to partner with or donate to local non-profits for appropriate holidays.
And a holiday gift for you…
Today is National Coffee Day! Yes, one of my favorite holidays.
Seems like the perfect time to give you a gift. You can enjoy a wonderful cup of coffee while you relax and read through this short report with some of the less known holidays and ideas on how to promote your business with them.
It’ll be delivered via email and in PDF format (you can read it on your computer or print it out).
And now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go refill my celebration mug (yesterday it was a coffee cup, today I’m celebrating National Coffee Day!).
|Get Your Business Noticed! |
Kooky & Unique Holidays and Other Fun Strategies
Feeling lost among all the other businesses out there doing promotions on the traditional holidays? No more!
With this guide you can identify unique holidays and tie them into your business promotions so you can stand out and get noticed.
Image Credit: ilco/sxc.hu