I’m curious! What’s your motivation for blogging?
I’m writing some of my own thoughts and what motivates me, which I’ll share later, but wouldn’t it be interesting to know what motivates other bloggers?
We all love to know what other people are thinking, right?
Some possibilities… for you is blogging…
- a marketing strategy for your business
- to showcase your expertise
- to get more traffic to your website
- to promote your products/services
- your main business online (meaning you make your money from your blog itself – affiliate promotions, etc – and not through coaching/consulting/another business)
- a way to express yourself
- to share your passion or “cause”
- because you love writing
- fun hobby
- way to stay in touch with family and friends
- a way to share your knowledge with more people
- one of the ways you serve the world around you
- other reasons?
- more than one of the above?
My suspicion is that when we get right down to it, those of us who are entrepreneurs blog because we want to help others and we believe that somehow we can make a difference in our own little corner of the world. What do you think? Too rosy a perspective?
There’s no shame in blogging because it’s your business or a marketing tactic for your business–it’s one of the best tools out there for promotion. But I think we’ve got deeper motivations.
And deeper motivations for our entire businesses, too… beyond blogging, did you go into business for yourself to serve a bigger purpose? To change something for the better? To help others?
I think so. We’re entrepreneurs. It’s what we do.
P.S. Please do share your thoughts in the comments. I’d love to learn more about you and have a conversation about motivations. And don’t forget to link back to your blog!
Photo Credit: darrenhester at morguefile.