The end of the year is a great time to look back and celebrate the awesome things that happened during the year. In that spirit, today I’m celebrating the blog posts here that worked well, the guest posters who shared awesome info, and my favorite posts from elsewhere around the internet.
I’d love to know what your favorite posts (on your blog, my blog, or any other blog!) were this year, so leave a comment with your votes!
P.S. If you want, skip down to the end of this post. It’s where I share just a few of the posts that really hit me this year from others.
Top Posts of 2011 (Traffic & Comments)
- 50 Article/Blog Title Ideas For You
- Top Ten Reasons I Haven’t Commented on Your Blog (Yet)
- I Can *Borrow* a Copy of That, Right?
- How to Add Social Icons to Your Website
- How to Add Your Blog to NetworkedBlogs
- Are You Rewarding Your Blog Commenters?
- How I Got My Alexa Ranking Under 100,000
- 6 Ways to Prevent Visitors From Sharing Your Website
- How to Steal Blog Traffic Like a Pirate
- 51 Ways to Explode Your Blog’s Awesomeness
- Why Isn’t Anyone Commenting On My Blog?
- How I Found My Blogging Magic–And How You Can Find Yours, Too!
- 10 Things You Can Do in 10 Minutes Each to Move Your Business Forward
- How to Customize the Photo Strip on Your Facebook Fan Page
- 10 Ways to Blog Better, Faster
Top Guest Posts on My Blog in 2011
- The Problem with Conventional Wisdom by Steve Rice
- Winning the Tug of War Between Your Home and Office Life by Lisa Kanarek
- Stop Blending In! Tips to Make Your Blog Stand Out from the Crowd by Traci Hayner Vanover
- Blowing Your Blogging Excuses Out of the Water by Diana Simon
- Yes, Social Networking Works by Debra Jason
Of my guest posts elsewhere around the web, these were my two personal favorites:
- 8 Secret Fears that Stop Smart Business Owners from Blogging and How to Overcome Them at Working Naked
- Press the “Pause” Button at Your Wise Voice
And some of my favorite posts from around the web this year… this one was really hard to narrow down but here are a few of the posts that stuck with me. They’re the ones that moved me tears or laughter, or inspired and motivated me to make a change. Read them. I saved the best group of links in this post for last. Here they are in no particular order.
- The Builder’s Story by Chris Brogan
- The Manifesto of Encouragement by Danielle LaPorte
- A Rose by Any Other Name by Sandra Martini
- Why Letting Go is the Only Way to Grow in Your Business by Therese Skelly
- 8 Incredibly Simple Ways to Get More People to Read Your Content by Copyblogger
- 5 Secrets to Make Writing Fun (No, Really!) by Michele Pariza Wacek
- Respecting Your Natural Ability, and Your Never, Never Evers by Danielle LaPorte
- Don’t Ever Do This by Julie Henderson
- How to Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- What Entertainers Can Teach Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneur Magazine
What posts have you written this year that you loved? Or, what have you read that helped, inspired, or moved you?
Image Credit: One02/StockFresh